attempt2

Tuesday, March 24, 2009


Note: My opinion only folks.. chill.

I'm fond of yaoi. Yes. Why?

Oh come on!

Yea.. told you so..

Anyhows, they have this "roles" most of the time, the seme and the uke. According to wiki, "The two participants in a yaoi relationship are often referred to as seme ("attacker") and uke ("receiver")" It also stated that these "roles" are sometimes in yuri.

So I wonder... in ANIME/MANGA, are these roles reversible? I mean, in yuri I can imagine. But in yaoi? Hmm...

Yuri couples, most of the time, play reverse roles. And you can actually "picture" them doing it. But in yaoi I have yet to see an anime/manga which can reverse the roles. ^_^

I'm not saying yuri is better than yaoi. That's insane. Both are great for me and I adore reading/watching them. I'm just curious.

What would it be like for yaoi to feature a couple which can reverse these roles as easily as we can imagine a yuri couple do it. Just a thought.

~~

Yea, I know, this is a yuri blog, but hey~ mentioned "yuri" 5 times (this being the 6th). Harhar! ^_^

3 Comments:

  1. Kai said...
    NEJI NO KAITEN is a yaoi were

    they reverse their roles of uke and seme throughout the manga


    ive seen a few others too
    Unknown said...
    you can also read Haru wo daiteita de Nitta Youka et The carp on the chopping block jumps twice de Setona Mizushiro. In both uke and seme reverse as their feelings evolve. The two stories are very sensitive and not stereotyped as in many yaoi.
    Anonymous said...
    reversible yaoi couples are the best!!!

Post a Comment



 

blogger templates | Make Money Online